Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Giveway (sort of...)


Ok, it's bribery. But it's for a most excellent cause. And it does involve me getting exercise as well.

So what is it?

Many years ago I was reading about a women who had given birth to healthy twin boys in Northern Africa somewhere. She didn't want to name them for a month because of the very high chance they wouldn't survive.. Broke my heart. So since then we have been giving regularly to Care Australia. I love it because they mostly aim at supporting Women in poorer communities with education and training which of course helps the entire community.

So where do you come in?

Millions of women and girls walk over six kilometres a day in search of food, water and firewood. This leaves little time for school, accessing health services and earning an income.

I’m walking 10,000 steps per day from Monday 12 March to Sunday 18 March 2012 as part of CARE’s Walk In Her Shoes challenge.

And I am asking for your help in raising money by sponsoring me. Pretty Please.

I have a nice pack of goodies to put into a draw for those who donates here. Any amount will make you eligible to be in the draw and I would appreciate every dollar. I hate asking for money but it is a cause that is close to my heart.


includes unopened stamp pads,a full roll of alphabet paper tape as well as lots of buttons, dictionary pages, tags and a few other things thrown in.
If you mention it on your blog then I will also add an extra entry. Just let me know in the comments.

Oh and the target of $1000 is not my idea. I'll be happy with any total at all...

I will put a picture up on my sidebar later to connect back to this post and of course you can donate money up until the walking is over (and my previously underworked legs are no longer taliking to me as they will be in shock!).

Thanks for getting this far into the post. My lecturing is now over and scrapbooking will resume soon. xxx

5 comments:

Mia said...

Karen, awesome idea, love that you are putting this effort in!!!! Will do what i can too.

PS Home now, pretty exhausted. will i see you tommorrow at book pack pick up?

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Couldn't donate a lot... but you did get one from me... good luck :):):):):):):):):)

Mitralee said...

Donated! Missed this the first time around so thanks for reposting!

Mitralee said...

You are all on my sidebar! Hope your legs feel better soon!

Lizzy Hill said...

Just left a donation...need as much as you can get to do all that walking in this awful, awful weather...but maybe it's not raining in your neck of the woods? Great cause, all the best:):):)